tutle

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Español sólo.

Hola, me llamo Ana. Mi papa se llama Santi, y mi mama, Gloria.  Tengo dos hermanos.  Miguel tiene 18 años y Jesús tiene 13.  My compañeros de cuarto son Kim y Alyson.  Yo soy Ana, y vivo en España. :) 

Yep. I am Anna and I live in spain.  I find it quite remarkable that this is actually happening.  Our host family literally speaks zero English and they snap at us if we don't speak Spanish in their home when we are around them.  Needless to say, I am slightly overwhelmed by all the Spanish. My brain is just getting really mad at me.  Its confused because of all these new words flying around in there every two seconds.  sorry brain, it has to get easier!


But, this experience could not be more perfect for me right now.  Yesterday was filled with that first day giddyness that comes from entering a new place.  Today was a smack in the face.  I slept in until 1:30 and we went on a tour of Alcalá during the day.  I am still trying to figure out all that our tour guide was saying.  

It took 11 hours to get here and I slept maybe only 3 of those hours.  It just so happened that everyone on my same row in the plane was a study abroad student going somewhere foreign.  There was another student going to Spain, one to France, and the rest to Rome. Me and one of the girls going to Rome sat by each other and just talked the whole time.  Alec, the student from Madrid told us all about his life and we exchanged a bunch of stories.  Lets just say they were very curious when I explained to them that I was Mormon and going with a bunch of BYU girls to Spain.  Some of their reactions were priceless, but it was really fun to talk to them as well. 


As far as living in Spain goes. Alcalá is the most charming place I have ever been.  At sunset, the buildings match the pinkish sky and it is beautiful.  I cannot imagine a better place to spend the winter time.  But my favorite is at night, when the town really comes to life.  Everyone brings out their kids and walks around the shops or takes out their dog for a walk!  My roommate Kim and I had a blast strolling around and I have no fear of getting lost. Actually, I prefer it really.  Santi was a little worried about us because we forgot the path coming home, but I feel as if I have always had a keen sense for direction and we made it back for dinner time.  We also walked through a field close to our house where there were a bunch of guys playing soccer.  This place was made for me :) 

 roomie kim :)
 mi cama
 yep. there is a store called oh! ana! 
 la plaza cervantes. 


la fuente. this is SO pretty! it is right next to our house!  





  vale?! (the spaniards say that every two seconds. my director jacqui thinks the closest translation is, legit right?!) haha 



3 comments:

  1. AH! SPAIN! your room is SO nice i can't even believe it! and your sheets are classic! you are so vale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I published that last comment, the word verification was freddi and it made me laugh! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAAH your bedding! classic!! or should i say, vale? you are in SPAIN! your dream is coming true! i am so happy you are embarking on your journey! hahaha. also, i need to email you, and so i hope i send it to the email address you use!

    ReplyDelete