tutle

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Oh, and Did I Mention?

A couple quick notes. Did I mention that I bought my Real Madrid Ticket to go see Real Madrid vs. Moscow for the champion's league game? and did I also mention that I bought a SWEET official Real Madrid jacket to wear to the game?

Did I mention that we all bought tickets to go see "El Rey de Leon?" (The Lion King Musical) in Madrid? We also bought our host mom a ticket to come see it with us. I AM SO EXCITED! 

Did I mention that yesterday when Aly and I were walking home after class, some random old lady approached us and just burst out... "QUE FRÍO! HACE FRÍO, NO?" she then just stuck her hand on my neck to feel if I was cold...then she did the same thing to Aly. "TIENES FRÍO, NO?"  Me and Aly just didn't really know what to do..so we just smiled and I tried to say in Spanish that I didn't know it would be so cold today, so I didn't bring a jacket or anything.  I obviously slaughtered it and she just didn't really care what I had to say...because right after she just looked down and walked away all nonchalant.  She didn't say another word. That was one of those moments you just walk away laughing, having no idea why a random spanish lady just touched your neck. oh, and hace frío mean, "its cold!"

Did I mention that some BYU photographer has come to visit us for a week and follow us around everywhere to take our pictures.  He is trying to capture the essence of the program for promotion and campus advertisement and such.  At first it was a little annoying..but now I am grateful because it means that I don't have to take pictures! haha If you want to see any of them...you can go check out these links. 




Here are some of my favorites. 
_MG_0186_MG_0180
some of us just hanging out after church! 

_MG_0406
_MG_0439
_MG_0333
The weekly sunday treat and hangout night at the Larsen's flat! They made us crepes and we all just hang out and watch youtube videos or play games.  Lance and Jacqui are the best directors ever! 
_SW15084
_SW15039_SW14933
Class Time at Alcalingua.  This is our art class where Jacqui is teaching us all about Gaudí,  art-nouveau, and basically just everything we need to know about life. I love how enthusiastic she gets about all she teaches. Such a cool lady. 


_SW15122
_SW15166
Just some after school studying. I look thrilled don't I? haha I was getting really frustrated with the assignment we had!

_SW15157
I REALLY hope they use this on campus. Just a big blown up picture of me studying with my UNIVERSITY OF UTAH sticker.  I told the photographer this and he was like..don't worry, I will just use photo shop to get it out of the picture...hahahah


_MG_0987_SW15244
Religion Class with Faustino Lopez.  He is an area 70 in Spain and was of the very first Spanish members of the church here.  He teaches us the "History of the Church in Spain."  It is remarkable to see how the church has grown under the direction of the Lord and his timing.

_MG_1030
_MG_1040
Just chatting and doing some Zumba after class, while we waited for our friend Guillermo to come open up the soccer court.

then..it was game time!
_SW15279_SW15355_SW15388_SW15395_SW15371
_MG_1103_SW15270
I love this picture of Aly celebrating after she scores a goal!


_SW15273
_SW15290
Just doing what I love :)


Did I mention how this is where I am going tomorrow? BARCELONA! 

Did I mention how much I love Spain? 

1 comment:

  1. i...am....speechless. your life! i can't get enough of it! you are darling and i cannot believe you are going to a freaking real madrid game in spain!!! i am so happy you decided to go to spain!! i can't stop smiling, i am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete